Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mmmm Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I love strawberries, but most of all, I love chocolate covered strawberries. Hubby surprised me at work today with 12 of 'em. Delicious strawberries wrapped in milk chocolate or white chocolate. All through out the office, that is all you could smell. The sweet scent of fresh strawberries. The girls all had to have some. So, being the person that I am, I decided to share my sweet bounty. As I cut them in half, you could hear the others hold their breaths....waiting for their sweet piece. When I was finished, and told them to take a piece, it was like a mad dash at a 50% off sale at Harrod's. Hands and arms reaching from all directions. All wanting a taste. You could hear them slurping the juicy nectar as each bite was taken. Gawd, I love strawberries. I wish they grew all year 'round.


Here is a picture of the card that I made for my husband. The twill reads, "True Love Knows No Bounds". Inside the card, I had found this poem:



There has never been a perfect wife
But I would like to try
To be as close as I can come,
And you're the reason why.
I cannot know just why it was
God favored me more than the rest,
But of all the husbands He's given
I am blessed with the very best.
I hear people speak of "my better half"
And I guess that's kind of sweet,
But I think of you as "my other half" -
Without you I'd be incomplete.
So this comes without a reason,
Just wishing on my part
To convey a simple message -
I love you with all my heart.

No comments: