Saturday, January 26, 2008

God Country Up There....

Well, at least I'm feeling a bit better. I have been so sick for the last few weeks, and have even been off from from work for the last 2 weeks. Upper respiratory infection. This cough is about to make me go mad. Can't do anything without coughing, and even worse, there's nothing to cough up. Just a dry, nagging cough. Grrrr.

On the home front tho...Robert and Sheena have settled on a date. July 5, 2008. WOW, only 6 months away, but will come at me at lightning speed. Everything does now days, LOL. So now we're planning a wedding. A GREAT wedding!! My baby is finally, yes, finally, getting married. I'm so proud of him. He's been a good daddy, now he will be a good husband. He's a good man that son of mine. Yep...he sure is.

For my birthday, we went to Hollye's a few weeks ago, even tho my b-day is the 22nd, hers is the 16th, we celebrate 'em together. Of course we did our Red Lobster dinner, which was fantastic. My brother, Dan and his wife, Patty went with us also. We left Friday morning, and got back late Sunday evening because we stopped in Hollywood to view a few sites, like the star's homes, etc.. Yes, before you ask, we did buy a map, LOL. The biggest site that we saw was Steven Spielberg on his cell phone phoning 911 because of an accident this kid was in. Seems the telephone pole 'jumped' out into his way. We didn't stop, but just to make sure that it was Steven S., we went back and forth like 8 times...yep, it was him. Took a picture, but because I was driving, my picture is of the asphalt. (eyeroll)

So, back to our visit with Hollye. Saturday, we decided to go eat breakfast in Solvang. We went through Los Olivos and came in the back way of Solvang. BREATHTAKING That part of the country is God's Country for sure. It's just so pretty, so colorful, just so....

We are definitely going back up there in a few weeks just to do the wine tour. I can hardly wait until it's harvesting season again. I have some GREAT photo's of a year
ago, but I need more. It's for an album that I am doing, and need more of the vines.

Solvang is pretty too....but much prettier in the spring. The weather was GREAT, actually perfect for when we went. Had we gone now, it would have been a disappointment as the rains are really bad right now. So I'm glad we went when we did.

I need to go finish cutting some chipboard for a few albums, so I will post a bit later.

No comments: