Sunday, August 15, 2010

'Getti and A Word

OK...so I don't blog everyday.  But really...who has THAT much time? I surely don't.

We took Vincent and Kaydence school supply shopping Saturday then off to lunch at Bob's Big Boy.  We would have taken Phillip, but he was napping when we got to the house.  Next time.

Grandpa Duane taught Vincent how to make a spitwad straw blower thingy. Vincent was over the top excited to be able to show his dad later.  I'm sure Robert will get a kick out that one, LOL.

Kaydence loves 'getti.  Everytime she would take a bite, she had to put more cheese on it. Hysterical to watch.

Both kids then had dessert - hot fudge sundae's.  Afterwards, both were pretty wound up, so it was time to take them home.  LOL  Being a grandparent does have its perks....wind them up..then send them home. 

Sunday was a quiet day. Church in the morning and relaxing in the afternoon.  Church was awesome. We had a new worship leader - Mario.  He is amazing. You could feel that he just connected with everyone. His voice was quite soothing to listen to.  He didn't sing too high, or too low. It was so easy to follow.

Duane had a word for us all.  He said that God had shown him that when you are given stumbling blocks, God makes them into stepping stones.  Fit in with the guest speaker and with the message that Pastor Eddie gave.  I love the fact that Duane is such a man of God.  I am amazed at what he teaches me.

That's about all for this weekend. Should be pretty busy again at work...so long days are in store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to really enjoy your blog, but when someone only posts 3 times in 2 years, I take them off my bookmarked list. Wish you all the best.