Sunday, December 16, 2007

Who is in my living room?

You're young, you have kids. What do you do when you can't afford to take the kids to go see Santa? You make a new plan. You improvise. That is exactly what the kids did...they improvised, with the help of Grandpa of course.

I go to Walgreen's and buy this Santa outfit for $14.99, hoping that it will do the trick. Ok, so it's a bit cheezy, but what the heck. We're improving here, remember?

We go to the kids house yesterday for the BIG VISIT, and Duane decides it's time to go to
Walgreen's to pick up my pictures, (wink). He makes his departure, and Sheena calls Vincent into the bathroom to 'do his hair'. Duane sneeks back in, and goes into one of the bedrooms to do his 'magical transformation'. Next thing I hear is him calling out with a touch of panic to his voice. I go into the bedroom, and there he stands, with knickers. LOL I guess the makers of the costume had 5'6" guys in mind when they designed these things, not 6'3" guys. So, once again, we make a new plan, and we improvised. Thank goodness the top was long. He runs out to the living room, and quickly sits, candy canes in hand, and waits. Vincent makes his way out to the living room, and just couldn't beleive his eyes.

SANTA WAS SITTING IN HIS LIVING ROOM.

Santa calls him up to his lap, and the pictures begin. Lighting isn't good, but what the heck. I guess every photographer has an off
day. I know I sure did. The pictures turn out ok, with a little adjusting here and there....they are passible.
Kaydence had a GREAT time with Santa. At one point, she reached up and did the unthinkable....yep...the beard almost came off.
Below is a GREAT shot of all the kids by their tree...it was a GREAT day afterall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute family picture; you all look very nice. Love the smile on Cadence's face, and Oh my has your little tyke grown!!! Beautiful family!