Sunday, June 08, 2008

I miss you.....

Yesterday would have been my sister Vicki's 51st birthday. She has been gone now for 6 years. She lived a good life tho. She raised 2 awesome kids, Christopher and Heather, got to love and cherish her first grandson, and fell deeply in love with Mike. She was happy. Happier than she had been in a long time.



I have a few pictures of her...but none on my computer except for one. She went with George to his Senior Prom. I think she was just a Sophmore here, not sure. Look at that hair tho, lol. I love it!!


The other pictures I have of her are on her motorcycle, 1969 Meter Maid, fully restored. I tried to post it, but for some reason, it's not loading up. I will have scan it again, and try for another post. Just the thought of her riding that thing cracked me up. She lived in Bullhead City, AZ, and her hubby Mike worked at a motorcycle shop, so every year they got to participate in the Laughlin's River Run...where HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of Harley's came through town. Mike had his custom Harley and she on the trike. And yes...she even had a gun strapped to her hip, because it's legal where they are at. I do have pictures, but I need to re-scan them.

We had long chats on the phone, chatting like friends, then chatting like sisters. I miss her. I miss talking to her. I miss her laughter, and the way she would talk of her grandson, the love of her life.

I miss you Vicki. I'll see you soon.