Monday, June 16, 2008

Slow Down a bit....



Just a quick one here. I promise to do a longer post in the next day or so.


Saturday we went to my niece's graduation party. So nice to see the family again. We just haven't been all that close, but as the years pass us by, we all felt the need to get close again. I hope so. Family is so important.



Anyway...Marlene is now college bound. She was accepted to Boston University. So proud of her. I'm thinking tho, that she is going to stay local and go U.C.of Irvine here.


She has grown so much. Well, not really grown, as she now holds the family record of being 'vertically challenged', LOL. She's 5'1". My granddaughter's goal ((one of her #1 goals at the age of 15, LOL)) is to be taller than her cousin. Well, guess what.....you judge. Yep, that's a good 2". LOL BAREFOOT too. It made Alix's day. She's no longer the shortest one in the family. Well, girls, I hate to burt your bubbles, BUT my sister Vicki, even tho she is not with us anymore, STILL holds the record. She was 4'11. But you asked Vicki how tall she was, she would tell you 4'11 and 3/4". Like 3/4 of an inch made a difference? I'm still teh tallest of the girls, 5'7". I guess I can sleep another night, knowing I still have the TALL record, LOL



Here is our family, well, minus my son and his family and my brother and his wife. We are such a nice bunch if you ask me. We have my sister, MaryJane, Myself, Marlene, Alix, Heather, Nichole, Chris, and his wife Serena. The kids are Heather's and Chris'.



It was a VERY nice day....one that ended too soon. We are all getting together again...real soon too.



Next graduation - Alixandra's. She's now entering High School. UGH!! Time sure flies. Kids grow too fast.

1 comment:

GrizzBabe said...

I see pretty runs in your family.