Monday, October 22, 2007

God Bless Our Firemen...

What a day in California. Seems the entire Southern California is on fire. People are losing their homes, which is really sad. I haven't heard of any loss of life, so that's a good thing. There were 12 firemen who had to take cover under the fire blankets as they got caught up in a fire storm. I'm so glad that they walked out of there alive.



I got to work this morning, which was a feat in itself with all the wind blowing, only to see this. I am so glad this happened while I wasn't at work or my truck would have gotten it for sure. It was everything that we could do just to walk in the building. I was afraid more of the tree was going to come down.



This is one looking from inside the office to the outside.



There was a few fires also just a few miles from where I work. A lot of dairy land went up in flames too. I got this while driving by on my way home. You need to click on the picture in order to see the firemen there.




God Bless Our Firemen. You know, their job IS really dangerous. They put their lives on the line everyday for us....and many of us just take it for granted. Thank goodness my Dad taught us kids at a young age to respect the Police and Fire Department.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I so agree about the Fireman. Many years ago there was a fire across from me on this huge hill....And my respect for the Firefighters went up 100 fold, watching them systematically putting that very scary fire out---from the Water Drops to the many many MANY fireman up on the hill itself, once the HUGE Flames were under control....they stayed all day and through the night and the next day....till every little Hot Spot, etc, was completely gone.
Just the organization of this kind of effort is a huge huge undertaking, then the actual "fighting the fire", well, they have my respect, admiration and thanks, ALWAYS!

GrizzBabe said...

My prayers are with all those fireman and the people who are losing their homes.