Tuesday, October 23, 2007

When Pigs Fly....

With all the fires and stuff going around, I forgot to let y'all know what our granddaughter bet us. She knows that Grandpa and I are ones of our word. We give it, and that's that.



Well, as we were sitting at lunch Saturday, she was talking about the fact that she will need a car in less than 2 years, (my, how time flies). After a much heated debate, Grandpa told her that he would buy her a BRAND NEW car when pigs fly. Without missing a beat, she says, "do you give me your word"? "Of course I do."



She lets that particular conversation die down. I thought that something might be up, but shrugged it off. After all, he did say when pigs fly. We finish up lunch, go get into the truck. We no sooner drive around the parking lot, when she yells to stop. We come to a quick stop, she jumps out........



Need I say more???

2 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

Very smart girl, your granddaughter!

Cindy F said...

Ha ha! Too funny - looks like a "gotcha" to me!