Friday, August 31, 2007

What has Big Brown done for you???

So I order a really nice coat, specifically for Alaska. I pay to have it shipped UPS NEXT DAY AIR. I order it on Tuesday...so it should be here no later than Thursday, right? Wrong! Seems that my coat is a bit lost, and is in need of a map.

I call UPS to find out the status. Not that I trust the tracking system they have online...but I need to 'hear' it. I give them my tracking #, and Tanya tells me that it is out for delivery. I breathe a sigh of relief. I call hubby, who has sat patiently at home awaiting the BIG ARRIVAL, and relay this message.

Three hours go by...no delivery. I call UPS again, speak to a different person by the name of Edweena. She tells me that my coat hasn't gotten to the Ontario Hub, that it is still 'in transit' from the airport. The airport? For goodness sake...the airport and the 'hub' share the same runways and tarmac. It takes gawd knows how many hours to make it across a space of what...a half a block? ((insert eyeroll here)) She states that my coat won't be delivered until Tuesday. She does add tho, that I should call back...that maybe they hadn't updated the system on its' status. Not a problem.

I call two hours later...speak to Kemeka, who proceeds to tell me that my coat is ON THE TRUCK and out for delivery. Hallelujah!!! I am ecstatic!!

Two more hours go by...I get a bit nervous, and call UPS back to maybe see if they have another update. They do. My coat is 'in transit'. It is still on the way from the airport to the hub. I darn near blew a gasket. I speak to a supervisor, Jeremiah. Ok, Jeremiah now tells me the same thing that Edweena told me. He also adds that if I had called earlier, I could have maybe stopped it and I could have picked it up at the hub. Now I really blow a gasket because I work not even 10 minutes away. I'm home now...a good 45 minutes (with no traffic) away, and their WILL CALL section is now closed. This does NOT set well with me at all. NOT AT ALL!

I sit and stew about this..knowing full well, that there is nothing I can do. I decide to call UPS and now I want to talk to a manager, not a supervisor. I give Jamall (yep, another person) my tracking #, and he tells me that it is on the truck, and that I should get the coat tonight. What time do they stop delivering, I ask. Jamall tells me that they will stop when they deliver the last package...and has been known to deliver around 10pm. I question this dude like like a detective questioning an inmate under hot lights. Finally, I ask him if he was willing to bet his paycheck. He laughs, and says sure...you will have your package tonight.

Well, guess what. It's now after 9pm...and you guessed it. NO UPS NO PACKAGE

I call back. I now speak to Willard (eyeroll)..who tells me that who ever I spoke to that told me that I would be getting it tonight was mistaken. The package is still 'in transit'.

Thank goodness Ginny at work lent me her coat to take. Not that she will be needing it in this weather...where it has been over 100* during the day...and about 80* at night. THANK YOU GINNY!!!

Looks like Jamall owes me a paycheck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um... weren't you suppose to order a coat weeks ago... who's fault is that... really