Wednesday, January 04, 2006

NEVER Leave The Poinsetta's For The Hubby To Get.....

HUMP DAY!!! Doesn't feel like it tho...I guess that has to be because I had Monday off. I'm off on Friday also...gonna go to Laughlin, NV. Hubby and I go every year, the first weekend of the year, and off we go. It's like a 'after-the-holidays' vacation.

I do have a confession to make, tho. Can't just lead up to it, so here is the WHOLE story.

I do a lot of entertaining here at home, brunches, teas, dinners, etc.. We were having quite a few people over for a Christmas party, including my best friend, Hollye and her husband. Well, I asked hubby if he could go out and get some poinsetta's so that I could spread them throughout the house to make it more festive looking. It was quite late, so I had asked him if he could like hurry because guests would be arriving and I didn't want to be placing them around while they were here. I wanted everything in its place. OK, not a big deal, or so at the time I thought. Hubby leaves and within 30 minutes, he returns with a vast assortment of poinsetta's. I'm talking deep reds, light pinks, full plants, a few blooms, different sizes of pots. OMG, he did a FANTASTIC job of getting me what I needed. I put them around the house, and waited for our guests. Hollye and her hubby were the first to arrive. I was so happy that she had arrived first. She has a GREAT sense of decorating, and I asked her if she could tell me if everything looked in order. She looked the house over for me, and everything was great. She did tell me tho, that the poinsetta's had looked a little dry and could use some water. I was busy making the last of the appetizer's, so I asked if she wouldn't mind. She grabbed the watering can, and off she went. I heard her laughing, and calling my name...so I put down the veggies, went to see what she was laughing about. She asks where did I get the poinsetta's and I told her that hubby went after them. Then she started to laugh so hard, I thought she was gonna pee her pants. She told me to take a closer look at them. O M G ... I was horrified!!!! Inside every pot was one of them plant stick signs...REST IN PEACE. I yelled for hubby, and when he came into the room, I asked him WHERE did he get the poinsetta's. He grinned, and said, "Honey, don't fret, I got a deal". I said I KNOW, take a look, and pointed to the REST IN PEACE sticks. He looked and said, "Well, ummm they didn't need them. It's not like they could see the plants anyway". I couldn't believe him.. he stole them from the cemetery up the road. Thank goodness Hollye went around and took all them sticks out before guests arrived.

1 comment:

Tawnya said...

That is completely hilarious. I hope you got a picture of one of those sticks!!