Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ramblings.....that go on and on and on....


This year, being that I am turning 50 on the 22nd, I wanted to do something a bit different, a bit daring, so I thought, "Carol (that's my given birth name), Carol, you need to do something to help others". So I came up with an idea, actually not just an idea, but a REVELATION! I am going to expand not only mine but EVERYONE's vocabulary. And being that this is MY blog, I have decided to do a WORD-A-DAY. Then I got to thinking, "what if I don't get online every day". Actually, I can do it several times a day, or once or twice a week. I don't want to post just a random word, but a word that I have heard or have encountered during the day.

So with this being said, and this being MY blog, (ok, I'm new at this type of thing), and that my blog has caused such an immediate interest in its entirety, I thought I would need to sorta spice it up a bit and make it a bit more 'educational' to read.

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't just sit here and stare at this 19" screen, I like to feel that my time surfing thru cyber space is time well spent. (I guess this inner child of mine longed to be a teacher.) So hence forth from today... I will try to share my new words, maybe not everyday, but when I feel the need.


So today's first word is: ((drumroll please))

RAMBLING

Adjective: rambling rambling
(of e.g. speech and writing) tending to depart from the main point or cover a wide range of subjects"a rambling discursive book"; "a rambling speech about this and that"- digressive, discursive, excursive
Of a path e.g."rambling forest paths"- meandering, wandering, windingVerb: ramble rambul
Continue talking or writing in a desultory manner"This novel rambles on and jogs"- ramble on, jog
Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment- roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, rove, range, drift, vagabond
See also: indirect


As you can see, I got this word from my own blog - MrsLeftyFixIt and Her Ramblings. I happen to like this word. Rambling. Rambling goes on and on and on and on and never really has a main point. I have also noticed that when one rambles on and on, they tend to omit some key points to their ramblings. Which brings me to an important part of my blog. READ BETWEEN THE LINES, or to put it so that others may understand, READ WHAT IS NOT BEING SAID. Sometimes, that speaks louder than what is actually written.

If some of you that happen to read this, would take the time, and actually 'read' what I am typing, you will find out that I just ramble on and on and on.

Since in the past, my blog has caused a bit of controversy, and my ramblings have gone on and on and on and not to everyone's likings, maybe y'all should just pick and choose which posts you really want to read. It's really simple, you know that thingy that sits on your desk next to your keyboard? I believe most of yours will have a tail, altho, mine is wireless and at times has a mind of it's own. I think if you took that little wheel looking thingy and moved it up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down, (friggin keyboard, as you can tell, it's wireless also and also has a mind of its own) you can bypass some of the posts. See, again, in my up and coming what they call COMING OF AGE, I want to become a bit more mindful of others and their feelings and what might offend and such. ((In other words, what is junk to one person may be a treasure to another.))

And on that note, I will continue to leave my blog available to any and all comments whether anonymous or with a name. After all... last time I checked, this was a free country. Correct me tho if I am wrong. Gotta love a country that re-elects a GREAT President to 4 more years of service.

I really didn't want to keep y'all this long, as I know that you have other blogs that are on your TOP TEN MUST READ list. So I thank you for at least reading this far...and remember.. stay tuned for more educational, mind-expanding words of the day.

No comments: