Thursday, January 26, 2006

What a FANTASTIC Birthday.....


Sunday was my 50th birthday and what a day it was!! It started out very quiet, just the way I like it. I got breakfast served to me in bed by my hubby, the newspaper on the lap tray along with a few roses and a small little gift. I thought he had already given me my present, a nice .357 686 plus Smith & Wesson. I carefully opened it, and he picked out such darling earrings. I got a pair of birthstones w/a small diamond, and a pair of Red Hat Society earrings. Aren't they cute?


After I read the Sunday paper, and finished breakfast, it was off shopping. We shopped and shopped and shopped, and after a few hundred dollars of buying scrapping supplies, brass for the gun, a holster, a few pair of shoes, we decided to go to grocery shopping. Hit a GREAT sale on artichokes and t-bones, so of course, we HAD to buy 'em for dinner one night during the week, which happens to be tonight. After grocery shopping and coming home to put everything away, it was 'bout time for dinner. Hubby had made reservations at Black Angus for 6:30. We get to the restaurant, and we were immediately shown to our table and sat. There on the table were 50 red roses. I nearly died. Everyone was watching to see who was going to be seated there. I bet they all thought it was gonna be some celebrity, lol. JUST 'LIL 'OL ME. So we sat, and as I was looking at the menu, I noticed a bit of commotion to my left. I looked up and OMG, 4 waiters were standing there, with a total of 50 red and purple balloons. I looked over at my hubby, and he was just smiling. "I hope your day was great." Well, duh!! Of course it was!! I had a FANTASTIC day!!


Then I go to work on Monday, and OMG, the girls had fun decorating my cubicle. Everythi
ng was done in, of course, red and purple. It looked so festive. They had even gotten me some more flowers. One of the girls gave me a really cute bear with a red hat, LOL I love it!! We had cake and just celebrated all day long....anything for a party at work, that's what it's all about.


I hope that for all of you women who are reading this that are turning 50 this year, will be as blessed as I was. I have GREAT friends, I have a GREAT family, and most of all, I have a GREAT husband who truly loves me as much as I love him. I thank God each and every day for this man.


OK....so here again, by popular demand, is my Word Of The Moment. Drumrolls please....



TRUTHINESS


1. the quality by which one is convinced of a belief, to the neglect of observable facts or of rational thought
2. the quality of adhering to concepts one wishes or believes to be true, rather than the facts
variation of truthfulness, faithfulness, derivational morpheme of "truthy"; archaic and rare or dialectal

The American Dialect Society has crowned "truthiness" its word of the year for 2005, an achievement that makes us think the word of the moment must be "serendipity."

Colbert used the word "truthiness" to describe an impression of truth not necessarily constrained by those pesky little facts, which can just get in the way.The more formal definition, provided by the American Dialect Society: "the quality of stating concepts one wishes or believes to be true, rather than the facts."


This is my 2nd favorite word, next to rambling of course. I love to listen to people talk, read the way write. I guess you can say it's a hobby of mine. I have been doing this for about 25 years now. I'll tell you, you can learn a LOT from just observing a person. They try to hide behind a fake smile, or big long words, but if you just observe them, you can find out who they REALLY are, inside.

Ok..enough with my ramblings for one night.


No comments: