Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What a GREAT trip.....

Hubby and I had a GREAT time celebrating Hollye's birthday. I'm at work Monday morning, and got to thinking, "Hey, she's my BEST friend, she only lives 203.60 miles away, and it's her 50th birthday'. So I called hubby and before I ask him, he asks me if I would like to take Hollye to dinner. AWESOME!! So my day at work passes quickly only because I had emailed Hollye and told her to sit on the sofa with her hands in her lap, and wait patiently. LOL, well, let me tell you, PATIENT is NOT in her vocabulary. She wants to know why, how come, etc.. I just tell her that whatever she has out for dinner, to put it back, that she's going out. After about 22 emails, I think it dawned on her that we were on our way up there. So I hurry home, hubby had already packed, and off we go.

We pull up at the ranch, and out the door she comes, still not believing that we actually drove all the way just for her. Why not? Friends do that, don't they?

Being that it is her 50th, hubby and I decided to give her a pair of cute little diamond earring
studs because she is such a 'diamond in the rough'. She is a TRUE gem of a friend too. We also gave her her Red Hat Society hat with a matching Red Hat Society t-shirt. I can hardly wait til I get to wear mine. Only 4 more days....then I can. Woohooooooooo


After she finished opening gifts, we then get into the car and head
off to dinner, Red Lobster (gotta keep it in the RED category). There we dined on succulent crab, lobster and shrimp. Looks
good, huh?


As we were waiting for dinner to arrive at our table, I snapped this picture of Hollye. I just love that smile of hers...LOL Cracks me up everytime.

Hollye is as good of a friend that anyone could possibly have. We have been friends for about 10 years now. Like I said, she isn't one to ask why or how come, she is the type of friend who will ask, "Where the heck did we go wrong?".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MAN...I wish I could have come....I LOVE red lobster. I called my dad and he said he wanted Po Man to come out in June. So after my exchange students leave I can make it out there. It looks like y'all had a blast. I love you both. Carol you are a great friend to my mom. She could not have anyone better.

Selena

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank both you Carol and that "dear man" of yours for making my day very special. I love you both.

Glad to call you "a dear true friend"

Hollye