Friday, February 15, 2008

Trying for every day......

Been quite busy but I am trying to blog every other day, if not daily. So I joined a challenge, and now I need to blog more often than I do now, LOL. It's not like I have nothing to say....I just don't have the time. So now I need to make time. I can do that, I think.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Scrapbook Expo in Costa Mesa. I happen to have won a ticket from
Jennifer, ( million more thank you's too) and since I have never been before, I'm going. Some friends and I are going to meet up and carpool there. After the Expo, CROP TIME! I so love to go to Tammy's. She has awesome classes and just about the greatest and funnest (is that a word, LOL) crops around.

Sunday, I plan on relaxing after Duane and I go grocery shopping. We haven't been in a long time, and we need to stock up on a few items. I'm usually quite exhausted after cropping...so Sunday's are my laid back and get ready for the week days. I'm off on Monday for President's Day...which is very nice. We are taking 'Becca with us to the range and gonna teach her to shoot. She is so excited, as she has never shot a gun before. Duane loaded up some 'light loads' just for her. I'm definately taking pictures of her and make her a small album.

So, how did everyone like
Teresa Collins new line? I can hardly wait to start this album that I have in mind. Truly a wonderful woman, and a FANTASTIC line.

Other than Teresa's new line, I wasn't all that excited this year as last year. I agree with a few others out there - too many manufacturers coping each other. Everything looks similar.

I'm watching the funeral for Officer Simmons, the S.W.A.T. officer that was killed in the line of duty. How sad. I can not fathom the grief that this wife must be feeling. I am so glad that my husband is now retired. I know there were several times when I stayed awake at night, just worried sick. My heart goes out to her.

For Valentine's Day yestday, Duane comes to work and surprised me with oodles of HUGE chocolate covered strawberries. I just love 'em!! Of course I had to share with the other girls, as
who could possible eat that many? He also brought me balloons and a dish packed with Hershey Kisses. That morning, before I left for work, he gave me a beautiful pink sweater. Needless to say, I had to change, and that is what I wore yesterday. WHAT A MAN!! I'm not much of a cook, and we don't care to go out on the holdiays itself, so I stopped at the market and bought 6 pounds of Alaskan King Crab legs and steamed them for dinner. I wouldn't let him in the kitchen, but had to finally cave in because I couldn't figure out how to get everything in the pot. I have never seen so many legs - going every which way, LOL. It was definately a sight to behold. He surely was surprised tho. He's still talking about dinner - and how great it was. I'm happy he loved it. I do love that man.

Well, it's about time for dinner, and we're going out.
(( I was going to post pictures, but I can't get the pictures out of my camera. I'm guessing that I am going to have to take it to the camera shop and have them look at it. Thank goodness it's not my Canon, I would be lost without that one. So, I'm going to post a few of old pictures, just so that you get the idea. ))

1 comment:

GrizzBabe said...

What a good husband you have, showering you with gifts! And you are a good wife to cook such an awesome dinner for him. I'm glad you guys had a good Valentine's Day.