Friday, July 27, 2007

Grandpa's FIRST OFFICIAL Duty

Grandpa gets his FIRST Grandpa duty, and he's online brushing up.

Sheena called the other day to ask us a HUGE favor. Seems that Vincent is quite the 'talker' now in school. ((hmmmm, reminds me of a certain boy 21 years ago.)) The teacher asked if she could come to school with him, and just sit and observe him for the 4 1/2 hours that he is there. Not a problem, provided she can find a babysitter for Kaydence, who by the way is now 2.5 months old.

She kinda giggles and asks if I am doing anything Monday or Tuesday. Well, I'm working...but Duane is retired now, so he is free....what an we do for you? Then she blurts it out. I need a babysitter for Kaydence. I laugh, and tell her that I will ask Grandpa and will get back with her.

So, I call Duane. Honey? Wanna do a HUGE favor for Sheena? His reply, sure, how much? I tell him it's not $$...but ummmm time. Then I proceed to tell him the situation. He is drawn back a bit....and says, "for 4 hours huh"? Then he proceeds to talk out loud to himself, "4 hours, 3 diapers....hmmmm......pull, pull, wipe, wipe, look, wipe, powder, powder, tape, tape". "Well, I guess I remember how to put a diaper on...but it's been over 20 years." I bust up.....the pull, pull, wipe, wipe, look, wipe, powder, powder, tape, tape is him visualizing doing a diaper.

I love that man..........and yes....he will do his Grandpa duty, and babysit....but she better have a few bottles ready, 'cuz he's NOT equipped the way Kaydence is used to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha omg he is so funny!! Gotta love Duane!!! Tell him I will need him soon!!! For babysitting of course he's retired now so he better get use to grandpa duty!!!!!!! love ya!